Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Masa and some Bball

Last night, I went to a birthday party with my site mate Zan. It was for my teaching partner Irina’s baby named Ion who turned 1 year old. There was a huge masa (aka feast) and about 20-25 people came. We all sat at one long table which was covered with food. Most of which was very delicious (but as always a few plates looked a little too interesting to try). Also, we drank wine and champagne all night long, so Zan and I both had a really good time.

Also, my boys basketball team has been steadily improving. They are really enjoying it and coaching them is a pretty cool experience. I heard about a competition coming up in February in my region center that we are going to try to enter. Realistically, I don’t think we will do very well because they are still learning the basics, but it will definitely be good for them to play another team and to see how an actual game flows.

No comments: