Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Moldova

School started a few days late because of the gas shortage, which was kinda nice, but now we have to make up the days with Saturday school, which is kinda not nice at all. Anyway, I have become involved in another project at my school since the semester began. A few months ago my site mate won a grant for sports equipment. One of the pieces that was donated is a weight machine. We received the weight machine about three months ago but nothing was done with it. It sat in storage the whole time until they finally found a spot for it last week. It took a bit of motivating, but the gym teacher eventually complied and we constructed the equipment together. The mythical weight machine was finally complete. Now, my goal is to give some seminars on how to use the equipment correctly and to make weight training a popular hobby in my village. More to come...

No comments: